Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Big Ride/Campout: Ocotillo Wells!

Oh man, I'm totally hooked. First of all, I can't believe I haven't been out to the desert to check out the place- it's beautiful! And it's close to me, only two hours away which makes it perfect for a rainy day escape during a cold, gray winter. Secondly, the place is famous for dirt bike riding and finally, there is free, no-reservations-needed, camping out there. Total freedom! Check out these pics, I'll post and write a bunch more about the place when I've got a minute:

Here's our campsite at Holmes Camp in Ocotillo Wells. I've been told that on the weekend, every one of these sites would be occupied- there was nobody around when we went there.
Here's a shot of a typical road in Ocotillo Wells- we road out to the Pumpkin Patch which was a nice little cruise out to a weird little rock formation.
You can see, it's wide open out there... check out the tiny, little grom patrol on their tiny quads... pretty cool until they turn into teenagers on quads who like to spin donuts in front of your site.
More to come about riding and camping in Ocotillo Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment