Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Canyon riding in the land of plated bikes: I'm so glad I got a dual sport!

It got rainy and cold in San Diego over MLK weekend so we packed it up and headed two hours east to the land of sunshine, smiles and dirt! Check out what we saw: 

Canyon cruising in Anza Borrego

If you want to ride this spot, your vehicle has to be street legal. Luckily, I made the decision that I'd spend a little more to have a bike with a license plate- so I was invited in to ride the trails and roads of Anza Borrego. There's a giant filter that you pass through if you've got the bike to get you into Anza. Basically, all the quad kooks and dirt bike rippers get left behind with their green and red stickered buddies- there are way fewer bikes and people out in Anza. We do still need to get our permits and M1 moto license to  be completely legal but basically, if you've got a plate the "man" won't hassle you. More to come about riding in Anza- it's the new frontier for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment